|Click Here to Apply!
Heartland Consulting: EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT SUPPORT (AIR FORCE SG5)
Clearance Required: PUBLIC TRUST
Location: DHHQ (7700 Arlington Blvd, Falls Church, VA)
- Use office automation software, such as the current version of Microsoft Office, to create and edit documents, presentations, graphics, tables, electronic drafts, electronic mail. Update existing databases or spreadsheets. Review, edit and update reports from SG5 staff to include checking for correct format, spelling, grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. Prepare/submit documents in appropriate formats in accordance with (IAW) Air Force Handbook (AFH) 33-337, The Tongue and Quill.
- Receive telephone calls, greet visitors and determine the nature of the calls or visits, screen for requests that can be handled without assistance. Update and maintain office procedures to ensure effective and efficient operations. Assist other AFMSA divisions in locating and selecting the appropriate guidelines, references, and procedures for application to specific tasks and inquires. Ensure correspondence and communication with returned calls, emails or faxes are promptly addressed within one (1) business day.
- Plan and coordinate travel arrangements within twenty four (24) hours of request in the Defense Travel System. Travel arrangements shall include scheduling transportation, making reservations, securing protocol/area clearances, preparing travel itineraries and preparing travel orders/vouchers based on general travel intentions or known preferences of the traveler accordance with established travel regulations. All military and Government civilian travel must be in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulations Uniformed Service members and DOD Civilian Employees at: http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/Docs/perdiem/JTR.pdf
- Maintain and collect requests for office supplies as requested and approved by the SG5P Division Chief for SG5. All requests will be coordinated with the Government Purchase Card Holder for the Directorate for ordering and receipt of supplies and equipment.
- Attend meetings and record meeting minutes and action items as requested by the Government leads to obtain clear, concise, and accurate minutes so that decisions, recommendations or courses of action can be quickly made. Establish draft suspense list of all actions that came out of the meetings. Track/monitor all unit/department administrative suspense dates so that the Government PMs are able to ensure all suspense actions are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide meeting minutes to the Government within five (5) business days of the conclusion of the meeting.
- Review, process and route all incoming and outgoing correspondence, reports and other written materials submitted for review and, coordination for signature.
- Coordinate and schedule all meetings and conferences.
- Assist the Government with records management, to ensure that files are filed according to policy; archive expiring files into archive folder; delete duplicate files according to the Records Custodian; and support the Division Chief of Records with the management of Division files IAW AFI 33-322, Records Management Program
- High school diploma and a minimum of four (4) years of work related experience in the listed areas below:
- Experience in preparing and editing executive documents.
- Experience working with Department of Defense or senior level civilian or commercial agencies
- Experience with Defense Travel System (DTS)
For additional information, please visit Heartland Consulting at www.heartlandconsulting.com
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.