ISO 9001:2015International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
Heartland’s Utilization of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
As a trusted contractor for the Federal Government, Heartland ensures adherence to ISO 9001:2015 quality standards which are established through structured quarterly reviews and continuous improvement initiatives within the Program Management Offices. Established standards are effectively communicated, agreed upon, and implemented through each project we are part of. Heartland’s ability to effectively communicate and improve processes through lessons-learned, along with a strong initiative to Focus on the Project Environment enables our successful performance from contract to contract.
About ISO 9001:2015
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) ISO 9001:2015 specifies requirements for a quality management system where there is a need for an organization to demonstrate their ability to provide consistency in their products and services to meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. Adhering to standards proves the organization’s aim to enhance customer satisfaction by effectively utilizing a set (standardized) system, which includes processes for continuous improvement of the system, as well as the assurance of conformity to applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as customer requirements.
All requirements of ISO 9001:2015 are intended to be applicable to any organization, no matter the type or size of the company, or the products and/or services it provides.
“ISO 9000:2015” standardizes the fundamental concepts and principles of quality management which are universally accepted and applicable to the following:
- Organizations that seek and wish to provide sustained success through implementation of a quality management system.
- Organizations and interested parties requiring excellence in communication through a common understanding of the vocabulary and definitions used in quality management
- Customers who seek confidence in an organization’s ability to consistently provide products and/or services which will adhere to their specific quality requirements.
- Organizations seeking confidence in their supply chain, and assurance that their product and service requirements will be met.
- Organizations that perform regular and consistent conformity assessments against the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Organizations having a quality policy, with objectives that are consistent with their policy, work toward improvement.
- Organizations determine the necessary competence of their employees to ensure they are competent on the basis of appropriate education, training, and experience.
- Development professionals responsible for creation and implementation of related standards ISO 9000:2015 specifies terms and definitions which shall apply to all quality management and quality management system standards developed by ISO/TC 176.
Heartland program/project management and quality assurance management have the overall responsibility for ensuring that our Quality Management System (QMS) meets the requirements of ISO 9001 QMS, requirements. In addition, Sales, Business Development, Business Operations, Purchasing, Human Resources, Program/Project Management, and Quality Assurance Management determine the processes needed for their applicable quality management system function and their application throughout our Company.